Hair Restoration Surgeons Appraise Celebrity Coiffures
New survey names Prince William as the celebrity on whom surgeons would most like to perform a Hair Transplant
According to a new member survey conducted by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), England’s Prince William was named as the top celebrity whom hair restoration surgeons would like to help restore a fuller head of hair. With more than 40% of the vote, Prince William edged out Tiger Woods, Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Costner and Vladimir Putin.
At 31, Prince William is within the age range when most men seek hair restoration surgery. The survey found that men between the ages of 30 and 39 accounted for the highest percentage of patients seeking hair restoration surgery (30.9%).
For young dads with thinning hair, state-of-the-art hair restoration technologies can present natural-looking results, virtually no trace of scarring and minimal downtime, allowing these dads to feel better about their appearance and quickly get back to the duties of fatherhood.
Hair Restoration Surgery, in which hair from the back or sides of the head is moved to the area of hair loss with highly refined, proven surgical techniques, has increased steadily over the years for both men and women. From 2004 to 2012, the number of surgical hair restoration procedures performed worldwide increased by 85%, according to the ISHRS.
Other survey findings include:
- In 2012, 88,304 surgical hair restoration procedures were performed in the United States.
- 86.3% of surgical hair restoration patients worldwide were male and 13.7% were female.
- The proportion of female surgical hair restoration patients worldwide has increased 20% since 2004.
- Most men with hair loss seek treatment between ages 30 and 39.
- From 2010 to 2012, hair restoration procedures performed on the eyebrow and face (e.g., moustache and beard) increased by 13.1%.
Birmingham, Alabama hair transplant surgeon William J. Hedden, M.D. is a member of the ISHRS, which is a non-profit medical association comprised of physicians dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of hair restoration.
Source: International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery