Slather On and Cover Up this Summer
As summer kicks into full gear and the days are lasting longer, people are spending more time out in the sun. It is important to be aware of the effects of sun exposure on your skin – the largest organ in your body – and know how to protect yourself and your children. Sun exposure is the No. 1 cause of age spots, wrinkles and skin damage, and also increases your risk of skin cancer.
So while you’re out at the beach, the pool or just out in the summer sun, remember to follow these tips from the American Academy of Dermatology:
- Use a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen SPF 30 or more
- Wear items such as a long-sleeve shirt, pants, hat and sunglasses
- Try to stay in the shade as much as possible
- Avoid the sun’s strongest rays between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Protect children from sun exposure and apply sunscreen
- Avoid tanning beds
- Examine your skin for anything that is changing, growing or bleeding
The Estheticians of Spa Greystone & Laser Center offer a number of procedures that minimize sun damage, including the latest laser treatments performed by Certified Technicians. Please call (205) 980-1744, option 2 to schedule your personalized skincare consultation and get more tips on maintaining a more youthful complexion and healthy, beautiful skin.